Monday, September 20, 2010

My observations about the top 20 Radio stations in Germany

When asked to do this assignment, I didn't really understand the purpose, until I got into listening to the radio stations.  I found it very interesting to experience different cultures radio stations and especially german because I could pick up some of the words that were in german. I would listen to certain stations for longer then the 3-5 mins, just as if it were the radio in Saint Cloud.

Listening to the top twenty German radio stations, I noticed that the majority of these sites are techno, fast beated, dance, mixes that were played in english.  The commercials were in German however, and this kinda amazed me because I would think that these would be sung in the german language because they were based in Germany.  I also noticed that some of the stations had different genres just like American radio stations.  There was slow mixes, oldies, hip hip, and techno.  The last thing on my observations is that Germany plays the same songs that are popular in America.  I can listen to the VMA award winner, Lady Gaga, in Germany and also in my car driving to work.  I found that to be pretty interesting!

All in all, I feel like radio is radio no matter where you are in the world.  The only difference would be the language, sometimes, and the broadcasting channel.  This assignment taught me a lot about radio and what happens around the world.  Even though people are a couple thousand miles away from me, they can be jamming out to the same thing that I am.


Most popular and Least Popular States wit Radio Stations

  • Bavaria has 78 radio stations making it the most of Germany
  • Bremen and Mexklenburg-Vorpommenboth have the fewest with only 6 radio stations

No comments:

Post a Comment