Monday, September 20, 2010

German print media reviewed

The first thing I noticed in the comparison of German media:  Newspapers, is that they have a higher demand of the population that reads a newspaper on a daily basis, 78 %.  I know that the demand for newspapers have gone down in extremes over the past decade.  The reason I know this is because my dad is a StarTribune carrier for the past 20 years, and he has commented how "people just don't want to read or purchase newspapers."  I feel that this is because the media with internet and other online features, that make it easier to read a paper.  The second thing I noticed was that they have a barcode on the bottom of the front page, and this is different then America.  The newspaper also seems to be in the shape of a magazine rather then a typical "newspaper" or the one that I am use to seeing all the time.  This is interesting how this can be different but then they do have different "news" from where we are located.  For instance, they have different laws that make different stories and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment